October 18th Measurements:
37 Rib Cage
39 Waist
45 Hip
25 Thigh
November 22nd Measurements:
36 1/4 Rib Cage
38 Waist
42 Hip
24 Thigh
Weight is 170.6 with 38.4% body fat.
I had a fight with my scale again this morning. Last week it seemed fine, but today again, it's acting up and I just don't understand why it has a problem with me every other week. I did my Sunday morning routine as I always do. I stepped on and it showed me 170.2. On and off a few times...170.2. On again and 171.6. What? Stupid machine. One and off again a couple more times. Same response. One last chance here SCALE, step on, 170.6. Seriously, now I'm thinking it's purposely taunting me.
So rather than falling victim to it's little games and destroying it right then and there, I decided I'd take the middle road. I feel fairly confident that my choices and actions over the past two weeks would definitely return the 170.2 I originally got from it. And I'm also pretty darn sure that the 171.6 is just not right at all. That would mean that I've only lost .4 lbs over the past 2 weeks with over an 8,000 calorie deficit. Weight loss is really just simple math and I know that 1 lb is made up of 3,500 calories. Therefore, 8,000 calories would have burned at least 2 lbs. So, I'll go with the 170.6 number this week with confidence and peace in my heart, no disdain for my icky little scale.
I will be replacing it shortly though. I don't think it's unreliable services will be needed for much longer.
P.S. Don't buy a Health-O-Meter digital scale. POS!
P.S.S. I'm really not angry with my scale, this is meant to be tongue in cheek so no need to question my attitude problem here. I'm actually very very excited with my progress and especially with how I'm feeling, happiness wise. Seriously happier than I can remember ever being.

1 comments:
Hmmm... I think I might have to agree with you on the Health-o-meter thing. I'm not positive, but I have a scale in storage and I'm pretty sure that's what it is. It didn't necessarily give me different numbers all the time, but it did give me consistently high numbers all the time, which was just as frustrating (for me).
Congrats on your success so far, though! Those results are awesome. I'm so excited to hear you're doing so well! Especially that last point - so, so important to take your happiness into consideration!
Post a Comment