You know how sometimes you feel like everything is going along all dandy like? Not a care in the world? Just ho-hum? No biggie? Life is just life? Nothing dramatic or special or terrific or dreadful? I'm not feeling that. I mean, things are kinda pluggin' along but I'm feeling all clogged up. Like I've got some intense feelings that are just under the surface. Like it's the calm before the storm. Like something is about to happen. I can smell the rain in the air before a drop presents itself. I'm like a pet that freaks out and hides under the bed hours before an earthquake hits. Something spectacular is coming. I don't know if it's spectacularly wonderful or spectacularly horrid but it's spectacular and it's on its way.
Good things are happening!
I had a wonderful weekend. We made gingerbread houses and opened a couple Christmas presents. My lovely friend T got me the world's best hat you could ever imagine. When I opened it, I was so surprised by what I found inside that I think I may have froze for a second or something. It was such a thoughtful and personal gift. I just wasn't expecting something so, so, so, amazing. I'm just not use to that. It's wonderful. And I truly feel blessed by her friendship. She's one of those people that you can see yourself being friends with in your 90s after all the husbands have passed away and it's just the girls left behind.
The Hubby and I are getting along famously. Well, we do snap at each other periodically but we're dealing with it. We're enjoying each other's company. We're getting along. We're having fun. We're talking. We're doing great.
I'm losing weight. What's not to love about that? I mean really? My clothes are getting baggy on me which is fantastic and frustrating all at the same time.
Families are severely frustrating. That's a not so good thing that's happening. But when in life does that not happen? *insert eye roll here*
I had a really disturbing dream last night. Would you like to hear about it? I just don't know what to make of it.
I dreamt that I was being zapped by some invisible vibration. Have you ever used a sonicare toothbrush and bumped the head on your tooth by accident? How you feel the buzzing through your entire body and all you can hear is that buzzing on your tooth echoing through every nook and cranny from the top of your head down to the spaces between your toes? It felt like that. Something invisible was next to my bed (in my dream) and zapping me with this horrible vibration. It was deafening. In my dream, I half woke up and was grabbing for the invisible something to push it away and make it stop but it just kept hitting me with the vibration harder and harder. In my dream, my husband woke up by my struggling and trying unsuccessfully to call for his help. He reached over and touched me and the vibration stopped. So I clung to him for his help. The invisible something was still there taunting me with the threats of zapping me again and I reached out to swipe it away a few more times. Then I fell back asleep. This all happened while I was still asleep.
Then I woke up this morning and he and I compared dreams. He had horrible dreams too. Not the same kind as mine but he struggled through his sleep last night. I wasn't sure what was a dream and what was real from my night's sleep so I asked him if I said or did anything last night. He said I was shaking and wimpering in my sleep so he asked me if I was okay. I sat straight up in bed and mumbled that I was half asleep and didn't know what I was doing. Then I laid back down and went to sleep.
What do you make of this insanity?

2 comments:
Girlfriend,
I would say it is holiday stress. While things are going seemingly well there is probably an underlying stress of what's around the corner. Even the good stuff can cause stress. Holidays and family is a natural stress, just like going to the dentist...
Hang in there! Tis the season is all
I have no clue what to tell you about the dream.
But those are wicked good gingerbread houses! What a great job and sounds like it was fun doing it together.
I am thinking good thoughts for that spectacular something to be good. I just love the word spectacular it's fun to say don't you think?
ME
Post a Comment